TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY OF GOODS
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law
In this contract:
- We, us or our means A London Limited (trading as Apponyi Home); and
- You or your means the person using our website to buy goods from us
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- e-mail Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- telephone +44 (0)207 871 4215 Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm
Who are we?
|Apponyi Home is the trading name for A London Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under Company Number: 08726197
Our registered office is at 45 Nork Way, Banstead SM7 1PB, UK and our trading address is at 51 Leslie Park Road, Croydon CR0 6TP, UK
Our VAT number is: 230289915
The details of this contract will not be filed with any relevant authority by us.
1 – Introduction
- If you buy goods on our website, you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- You may only buy goods from our website for non-business reasons.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by:
- our Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for example for legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month’s notice
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
2 – Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- read the Confirmation Email (see clause 2.3); or
- contact us by using the contact details at the top of this page
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
3 – Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the website by pressing the “Confirm Order” button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable
- we cannot authorise your payment
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us
- we are not allowed to sell the goods to you
- you have ordered too many goods
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (‘Confirmation Email’). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you
4 – Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract if you wish to do so, provided you exercise that right within 14 days after you receive delivery of the goods (or someone you have specified to receive the goods on your behalf has received them)
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement e.g. a letter sent by post, or an email to Customer Services at email@example.com.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired and we will acknowledge receipt
5 – Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- If you refuse initial delivery of any goods under this contract, we reserve the right to deduct from the value of the refund the cost of returning the goods to our warehouse.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods:
- You shall send back the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You are responsible for any costs of the safe return of goods pursuant to a cancellation of this contract under Clause 4.1, but this shall not affect any of your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Any goods must be returned in their original state and condition as at the date of initial delivery.
- The process for returning goods under this Clause 5 is set out in Delivery and Returns.
5 – EFFECTS OF CANCELLATION (continued)
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
6 – Delivery
- If you want to see your delivery options, please see Delivery and Returns before you place your order.
- The estimated date or time frame for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email (see clause 2.3).
- If something happens which:
- is outside of our control, and
- affects the estimated date of delivery
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the postal address that you provided to us.
- Deliveries require a signature acknowledging receipt, and verification of identity may also be requested.
- Unless we agree with you otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We cannot deliver to any addresses in China and Russia or any UK PO Box addresses.
- Our delivery charges only include delivery; therefore, non-EU customers will be responsible for any import duties or local taxes.
7 – Payment
- We accept the following credit cards and debit cards: VISA, MasterCard and PayPal.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for the goods is secure by using an encrypted secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the goods are dispatched.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you:
- must pay for such goods within 5 days, or
- must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us
- If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the period set out under Clauses 4.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£) (GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods (please see Delivery and Returns before you place your order)
8 – Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality (but see clause 8.5);
- are fit for purpose; and
- match the description
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the website.
- While we try to make sure that any relevant sizes measurements and weights set out on the website are as accurate as possible, there may be small tolerances in the following attribute of the goods:
- Although the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the website, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use
- We select the leathers used for our leather goods for individual beauty and feel. Each skin is unique, so any quirks should be viewed as characteristic of leather’s natural appeal.
9 – Faulty goods
- Your statutory rights are in addition to those under this contract.
- Nothing in this contract affects your statutory rights. You may also have other rights in law.
- If you believe any goods you purchase form us under this contract were faulty, damaged or defective immediately upon receipt of delivery, please contact us at Customer Services at email@example.com in order to arrange for:
- us to repair or replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- a refund
10 – End of the contract
- If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
11 – Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses
- losses to non-consumers
- losses that:
12 – Disputes
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter
please contact us as soon as possible.
- The provisions of English law will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
13 – Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.